It was time to move the shirt quilt back to WIP status. The blocks were made but needed to be squared. My search for a 10.5 inch square ruler was in vain, so I bought a sheet of heavy template plastic and cut my own square instead .
The plastic much less expensive, and I was able to mark a center square to line up with the one in the block.
How simple to match the center squares and then cut around the perimeter!
This plastic was easy to cut with scissors, but was impervious to the rotary cutter. So no worries about ruining the template if you are a little wobbly with the Olfa. There is still half of a sheet of plastic left to use for other projects.
I didn’t like the blue I had chosen for the sashing so I switched to a lighter shade of chambray from the stash. The back will also be chambray with a few leftover shirt blocks set in.
This quilt will be a gift but I’m not telling who gets it!